Dacula in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hog Mountain Baptist Church
Organized January 14, 1854
The church was organized by Elder David H. Moncrief and Elder Amos Hadaway.
The first building was erected in 1854 with Rev. Amos Hadaway as Pastor for the first eleven years.
The present building was erected in 1905.
The Lawrenceville Association was also constituted here in 1854.
Erected by Hog Mountain Baptist Church.
Location. 34° 3.184′ N, 83° 55.536′ W. Marker is in Dacula, Georgia, in Gwinnett County. Marker is at the intersection of Hog Mountain Church Road and Braselton Highway (Georgia Route 124), on the right when traveling north on Hog Mountain Church Road. Marker is located at the north side of the church building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1971 Hog Mountain Church Road, Dacula GA 30019, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Daniel (approx. 0.6 miles away); Stone Structures (approx. 2.2 miles away); Elisha Winn House Old Oak Tree (approx. 2.6 miles away); Karina Miller Nature Preserve (approx. 2.7 miles away); Little Mulberry Park (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Dr. William Hinton House (approx. 3.8 miles away); Chesser-Williams House (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dacula.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Hog Mountain Baptist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,173 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.