Frisco in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
T. J. Campbell House
Constructed of lumber hauled by wagon train from Jefferson. Has cypress siding and windows. Gingerbread added after move.
The Campbell family, pioneer merchants, served this area of Collin County from 1869 to 1910. House was a landmark on Preston Road during era of Texas cattle drives, in late 19th century.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1972
Restored by W.O. McCallum Family 1971-72
Erected 1972 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 688.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
Location. 33° 9.038′ N, 96° 49.412′ W. Marker is in Frisco, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and 5th Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. The marker is located on the right side of the front door to Randy's Steak House. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. T.J. Campbell House (here, next to this marker); Carpenter Bros. Ford Dealership (within shouting distance of this marker); McIntire-Montgomery Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Picture Show (within shouting distance of this marker); Frisco Methodist Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Shawnee Trail (approx. 2.1 miles away); Military Survey of Preston Road (approx. 3.1 miles away); Trail Driving Prior to 1845 (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frisco.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2022. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 171 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 1, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.