Sanger in Denton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Sanger Presbyterian Church
Founded 1896, in 1902 built this structure on land given by Jack R. Sullivan, a Baptist. With town's best auditorium, this became site of school and civic programs; elocution and music were taught here. Community bought building when congregation in 1971 moved to a new church.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1972
Erected 1972 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4568.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
Location. 33° 21.793′ N, 97° 10.542′ W. Marker is in Sanger, Texas, in Denton County. Marker is at the intersection of 7th Street and Elm Street, on the left when traveling north on 7th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 7th Street, Sanger TX 76266, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Galilee Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bolivar Cemetery (approx. 3.8 miles away); Townsite of Bolivar Green Valley Schools (approx. 7.3 miles away); Forester Ranch (approx. 7.6 miles away); City of Krum (approx. 7.8 miles away); Chisholm Trail in Denton County (approx. 8.1 miles away); Elm Fork Bridge (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sanger.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 28, 2022. It was originally submitted on February 27, 2022, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 102 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 27, 2022, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.