Castroville in Medina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This house replaced a picket hut. It was first example of French-Alsation architecture in Castroville.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1291.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1847.
Location. 29° 21.318′ N, 98° 52.701′ W. Marker is in Castroville, Texas, in Medina County. Marker is at the intersection of Angelo Street and London Street, on the right when traveling north on Angelo Street. The marker is located south of the building by the street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1847 Angelo Street, Castroville TX 78009, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Louis Church (a few steps from this marker); St. Louis DayAlsatians of Texas (about 400 feet away); General Wool and the Chihuahua Road (about 400 feet away); St. Louis Catholic Church (about 400 feet away); Moye (about 400 feet away); Louis Ferdinand Huth, Jr. (about 500 feet away); Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Castroville.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 4, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 117 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 4, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.