Carey in Wyandot County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Original St. Edwards Church
The Original St. Edward Church Established 1867
The statue of Our Lady of Consolation was brought to this church on May 24, 1875
In 1900 the church was moved to this location from Clay Street where the present Basilica now stands
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is May 24, 1875.
Location. 40° 57.078′ N, 83° 23.264′ W. Marker is in Carey, Ohio, in Wyandot County. Marker is on Clay Street just east of South Lake Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 Clay St, Carey OH 43316, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. To Religion Education And Patriotism (within shouting distance of this marker); Welcome to The Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); West End Elementary School (about 300 feet away); Carey Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Benches (approx. 0.4 miles away); Carey Korea & Vietnam Veterans MemorialCarey World War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Carey Revolutionary Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carey.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 17, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 17, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.