Grapevine in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Wall Drug Store
Wall Drug Store
320 South Main Street
In 1888, Zachary Taylor Wall and his wife, Virginia Araminta Jenkins Wall, daughter of Eli M. Jenkins, purchased this building for their drug store and confectionery. In 1871, Rev. E. N Hudgins, founder of the Methodist Church in Grapevine, owned the property. It had four subsequent owners before the Wall family purchased it. In 1904, Wall Drug Store was bequeathed to their son and pharmacist, Clifford Jenkins Wall. In 1917, John and Mamie Spinks acquired the drug store and operated it until the late 1950s.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Science & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1888.
Location. 32° 56.299′ N, 97° 4.71′ W. Marker is in Grapevine, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is on South Main Street, 0.1 miles south of East Texas Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Grapevine TX 76051, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grapevine I.O.O.F. (a few steps from this marker); The Grapevine Sun Tarrant County State Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); J. E. Foust & Son Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Grapevine's Liberty Bell (within shouting distance of this marker); "Walking to Texas" (within shouting distance of this marker); First National Bank of Grapevine, Texas (within shouting distance of this marker); Wood Automotive Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grapevine.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 19, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 17, 2022, by Thomas Smith of Waterloo, Ill. This page has been viewed 119 times since then and 29 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on March 17, 2022, by Thomas Smith of Waterloo, Ill. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area together in context. • Can you help?