Upper Sandusky in Wyandot County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1000 feet east - site of Fort Ferree
Many of his soldiers who died in battle are buried in this courthouse yard.
Erected 1930 by Ohio Revolutioary Memorial Commission. (Marker Number C 431.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #09 William Henry Harrison series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1812.
Location. 40° 49.641′ N, 83° 16.869′ W. Marker is in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, in Wyandot County. Marker is at the intersection of West Wyandot Avenue and South Sandusky Avenue (Ohio Route 199), on the right when traveling east on West Wyandot Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 53 W Wyandot Ave, Upper Sandusky OH 43351, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wyandot County Courthouse & The Shawshank Redemption (here, next to this marker); William Naus VFW Post 2842 Upper Sandusky, Ohio (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wyandot Museum (about The William Walker Jr. House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Ferree - Overland Inn - Indian Spring (approx. 0.2 miles away); Neil A. Armstrong (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stephan Lumber Company / “The Shawshank Redemption” Woodshop (approx. ¼ mile away); Tschanen Elm (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Upper Sandusky.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 17, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 85 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 17, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.