Bay City in Matagorda County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Original City Hall Building
City Hall and Fire Station
Matagorda County Museum
Municipal Court 1997-
Bay City Community Development Corp.
Bay City Gas Company
City of Bay City
Rededicated to the Citizens
of Bay City on November 5, 1997
Erected 1997 by Bay City Main Street.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is November 5, 1997.
Location. 28° 58.908′ N, 95° 58.082′ W. Marker is in Bay City, Texas, in Matagorda County. Marker is at the intersection of 6th Street and Avenue H, on the right when traveling east on 6th Street. The marker is located at the front entrance to the Municipal Court building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1824 6th Street, Bay City TX 77414, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewis Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Matagorda Pharmacy Building (within shouting distance of this marker); McLendon BuildingSecrest Jewelry Co. (about 300 feet away); First Presbyterian Church of Bay City (about 300 feet away); Brunner Building (about 300 feet away); Bachman Grocery (about 400 feet away); Wells Fargo Express (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bay City.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 20, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 19, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 20, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.