San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
H.A. & Katherine Hartgrove
Built in 1909
Restored in 2000
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1909.
Location. 31° 27.331′ N, 100° 25.978′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is on Orient Street north of East Avenue B, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 528 Orient St, San Angelo TX 76903, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Orient-Santa Fe Freight Depot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Municipal Swimming Pool (about 400 feet away); Fort Concho (about 600 feet away); The Tenth Cavalry (about 600 feet away); Early Public Transportation in San Angelo (about 700 feet away); Orient-Santa Fe Passenger Depot (about 700 feet away); Tom Green County Organizers (approx. 0.2 miles away); E. H. Danner (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Angelo.
Regarding Allen-Hartgrove House. Allen owned the
Also see . . . A new lease on life. The Allen-Hartgrove House is among several historic buildings that were moved and restored to create an historic district called Old Town. (Rick Smith, The Standard Times, posted Sept. 9, 2007) (Submitted on March 28, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 28, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 28, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 58 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 28, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.