Hagerstown in Washington County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St Johns Episcopal Churchyard.
Site of 2nd church erected in Washington County.
Consecrated by Rt. Rev. Thomas John Claggett. First Bishop of Maryland.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1786.
Location. 39° 38.279′ N, 77° 43.085′ W. Marker is in Hagerstown, Maryland, in Washington County. Marker is on South Mulberry Street south of East Antietam Street, on the right when traveling south. The marker is located at the southeast entrance to St. John's Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 137 South Mulberry Street, Hagerstown MD 21740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. John's Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); Hagerstown Female Seminary (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Thomas Kennedy Park (about 700 feet away); Thomas Kennedy (about 700 feet away); Hagerstown Charity School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Our Journey Transports Us Through Time (approx. ¼ mile away); Elliott-Bester House (approx. ¼ mile away); Retreat from Gettysburg (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hagerstown.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 3, 2022, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. This page has been viewed 56 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 11, 2022, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.