Bucyrus in Crawford County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
240 S. Sandusky Ave.
1830 - Cornelius Gilmore home built
Mid 1800s - Land registrar Thomas Gillespie
1914 - Fred Petersilge's Cafe and Saloon
1923 - New York Restaurant
1937-1957 - York Cafe-Bros. Gus & Harty Vallas
1957 - Ed Koch's Family Store
1967 - Ray's Pizza
1974 - Howie's Pizza
1982 - Present-Robert Pelenhus Professional Office Bldg.
Erected 2011 by Eagle Project - Alexander Clark Neff.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1957.
Location. 40° 48.397′ N, 82° 58.531′ W. Marker is in Bucyrus, Ohio, in Crawford County. Marker is on South Sandusky Avenue (Ohio Route 4/98) north of East Warren Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 240 S Sandusky Ave, Bucyrus OH 44820, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Linn Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Picking Block (within shouting distance of this Sens Block (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Baumoel's (about 500 feet away); Great American Crossroads Mural (about 600 feet away); McGraw House (about 700 feet away); First Lieutenant Harry L. Martin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Crawford County Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bucyrus.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 12, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 105 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 9, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.