Connellsville in Fayette County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
United States Post Office, Connellsville, Pennsylvania
National Register of Historic Places
Placed On The
of Historic Places
By the United States
Department of the Interior
Placed by: C. J. Franklin Ellis
Postmaster 1951 to 1972
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
Location. 40° 1.101′ N, 79° 35.488′ W. Marker is in Connellsville, Pennsylvania, in Fayette County. Marker is on North Arch Street just north of East Orchard Alley, on the right when traveling north. Marker is mounted at waist-level directly in front of the subject building, on the left side of the west entrance staircase. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 North Arch Street, Connellsville PA 15425, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Connellsville, A River Runs Through It (within shouting distance of this marker); Connellsville Area Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Johnson (within shouting Connellsville, A River Runs Through It (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); World War II Connellsville Canteen (about 700 feet away); Edwin S. Porter (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colonel William Crawford (approx. Ό mile away); a different marker also named Connellsville, A River Runs Through It (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Connellsville.
Regarding United States Post Office, Connellsville, Pennsylvania. National Register of Historic Places #92001495.
Also see . . . US Post Office-Connellsville.
It was built between 1911 and 1913, and is a two-story, five bay, brick building in the Classical Revival style. It measures 99 feet by 54 feet, with a 10-foot rear extension. It was designed by the Office of the Supervising Architect under the direction of James Knox Taylor.(Submitted on April 14, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 14, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 14, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.