Connellsville in Fayette County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Carnegie Free Library
National Register of Historic Places
Placed On The
of Historic Places
By the United States
Department of the Interior
Placed by the Connellsville Area Historical Society
Erected by Connellsville Area Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Charity & Public Work • Education • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Carnegie Libraries series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1901.
Location. 40° 0.964′ N, 79° 35.292′ W. Marker is in Connellsville, Pennsylvania, in Fayette County. Marker is on East South Street just west of South Carnegie Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Marker is mounted at eye-level, directly on the subject building, just to the left of the north entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 299 South Pittsburgh Street, Connellsville PA 15425, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonel William Crawford (within shouting distance of this marker); Connellsville, A River Runs Through It Edwin S. Porter (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Connellsville, A River Runs Through It (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Connellsville, A River Runs Through It (approx. 0.2 miles away); Samuel Johnson (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Connellsville, A River Runs Through It (approx. 0.2 miles away); Connellsville Area Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Connellsville.
Regarding Carnegie Free Library. National Register of Historic Places #81000542.
Also see . . . Carnegie Free Library.
It was designed and built in 1901, with funds partly provided by the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie provided $50,000 toward the construction of the Connellsville library. The grant was commissioned by Carnegie on April 22, 1899; it was the 13th library that he commissioned in America. It is a two-story Ohio buff stone structure with basement in the Italian Renaissance(Submitted on April 14, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 14, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 14, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.