Bellingham in Norfolk County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
On the left sits the Bellingham Town Hall which was constructed in 1802. This early photograph depicts this historical building as it appeared almost one hundred years later in 1898. The Bellingham Baptist Church sits directly behind the pole on the right of this photograph. The Civil War Monument is visible directly in front of the Church.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 42° 5.293′ N, 71° 28.566′ W. Marker is in Bellingham, Massachusetts, in Norfolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Mendon Street (Massachusetts Route 140) and Thayer Road, on the left when traveling east on Mendon Street. Located in Bellingham Town Common. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bellingham MA 02019, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Original Town Common (within shouting distance of this marker); Bellingham Soldier’s MonumentGovernor Richard Bellingham (about 300 feet away); Bellingham Town Center (about 300 feet away); Maple Street North Bellingham (about 400 feet away); Bellingham Veterans Monument (about 400 feet away); Lyndon F. Murray Memorial Building (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bellingham.
Also see . . .
1. Town of Bellingham. (Submitted on April 17, 2022, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Bellingham, Massachusetts (Wikipedia). (Submitted on April 17, 2022, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2022, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 45 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2022, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.