Rockport in Allen County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Old Church Site Rockport Cemetery
State of Ohio, Allen County
Erected 1976 by Monroe Township Trustees Merlin Jones, William Lackey, Thomas Shafer Arthur Arnold, Clerk.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 40° 52.266′ N, 84° 0.06′ W. Marker is in Rockport, Ohio, in Allen County. Marker is on Rockport Road, on the left when traveling west. The marker stands in the front center of the cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus Grove OH 45830, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John "Jack" Herron (a few steps from this marker); PFC. Larry E VanMeter (within shouting distance of this marker); Beaverdam & Vicinity World War II Memorial (approx. Beaverdam Veterans Memorial (approx. 3 miles away); Lincoln Highway Memorial (approx. 3.1 miles away); Beaverdam Village Park (approx. 3.1 miles away); Columbus Grove Municipal Pool (approx. 4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church Bell (approx. 4½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockport.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2022. It was originally submitted on January 18, 2017, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. This page has been viewed 345 times since then and 21 times this year. Last updated on April 19, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 18, 2017, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.