Fort Meade in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
18th Century French Mortar
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Military • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1781.
Location. 39° 6.044′ N, 76° 44.324′ W. Marker is in Fort Meade, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is on English Avenue, 0.2 miles Mapes Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort George G Meade MD 20755, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. White Oak (within shouting distance of this marker); Major General George G. Meade (within shouting distance of this marker); Maj. Gen. Ralph H. Van Deman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hodges Hall (approx. ¼ mile away); 29th Infantry Division, United States Army The Battle of the Bulge (approx. 0.3 miles away); Post Hospital (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dedicated to all American Ex-Prisoners of War (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Meade.
More about this marker. There are two French mortars at this location, each with the same marker on it.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,386 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.