Fort Meade in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Battle of the Bulge
Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, Ardennes
Dedicated to the Gallant and Victorious Men and Women of the United States Army who participated in The Battle of the Bulge
This enormous and intensive battle, the greatest battle ever engaged in by the United States Army, was fought in Belgium and Luxembourg during World War II from 16 December 1944 through 25 January 1945, under most adverse winter weather. The Maryland/District of Columbia Chapter, Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, assembled here on 30 May 1999, dedicate this monument to remember the triumph of courage, honor our fallen comrades and commemorate this ever famous American victory.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, World II.
Location. 39° 5.945′ N, 76° 44.615′ W. Marker is in Fort Meade, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker can be reached from Leonard Wood Avenue 0 miles south of Bundy Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker is on the grounds of the Fort George Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort George G Meade MD 20755, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 29th Infantry Division, United States Army (within shouting distance of this marker); Dedicated to all American Ex-Prisoners of War (within shouting distance of this marker); Maj. Gen. Ralph H. Van Deman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Major General George G. Meade (approx. ¼ mile away); 18th Century French Mortar (approx. 0.3 miles away); White Oak (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hodges Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away); Post Hospital (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Meade.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,030 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.