Oak Harbor in Ottawa County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
As incorporated April 1871.
John R. Wilson Otto Schimansky John C. Metzger William H. Mylander Dr. F. W. Gradolph Louis Hilb Peter W. Gulau Oscar Herring Dr. Robert L. Bolte Paul Provonsha Thomas F. Palmer Jeanne Blausey Thomas C. Leaser William Eberle Donald Douglas Gustavus A. Kraemer William E. Bense William W. Dward James H. Kraemer Dr. George C. Mawer Louis L. Carstensen Dr. Justin G. Ballou O.L. Teagarden Joseph Flury Donald Foreman Willard Bloom Peter J. Macko Fred Conley Joseph W. Helle Quinton Babcock
W. W. Wardlow served as the first mayor under the Village name of Hartford, Ohio in 1835
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1871.
Location. 41° 30.574′ N, 83° 8.098′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oak Harbor OH 43449, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Oak Harbor (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thank You Veterans (approx. half a mile away); Adolphus Kraemer (approx. 0.7 miles away); Medal Of Honor Red Oak (approx. 0.7 miles away); Blackberry School, Township District #9 Bell (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Cabin (approx. 0.7 miles away); Flatiron Park (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oak Harbor.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 10, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 35 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 26, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.