Saskatoon in Corman Park No. 344, Saskatchewan — The Prairie Region
Firehall No. 3
Firehall No. 3 was built in 1911, along with an adjacent watertower, to serve an ever expanding city and was officially opened on January 6th, 1912. The first run occurred on February 17th, 1912 to put out a fire caused by boiling tar in a local carpenter's shop. The hall was a part of the community and school children were on friendly terms with the firemen. In 1956 a new Firehall No. 3 was built on Taylor Street resulting in the eventual closure of the original hall in 1958. This municipally-designated heritage building is now in private hands. It was renovated in 1992 and received a city heritage award the following year. Notable features include the intact exterior, original doors and tin ceiling.
Erected 1996 by Broadway Business Improvement District.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is January 6, 1912.
Location. 52° 7.123′ N, 106° 39.346′ W. Marker is in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in Corman Park No. 344. Marker is on 11th Street East east of Broadway Avenue, on the right when travelingTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 612 11th St E, Saskatoon SK S7N 0G3, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 13 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saskatoon Land Titles Building (approx. one kilometer away); Little Chief Service Station (approx. 1.6 kilometers away); C.P.R. Station, Saskatoon/Gare du C.P. (Saskatoon) (approx. 1.8 kilometers away); Wanuskewin (approx. 12.4 kilometers away).
Also see . . . Former Fire Hall No. 3. Canadian Register of Historic Places listing for the fire station. (Submitted on April 29, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 20, 2023. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 45 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.