Near Perkinson in Stone County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Settled by the Ramsay family in 1820, Ramsay Springs became a popular fishing, camping, and hunting site as early as 1896. Development reached its peak with the opening of the three-story, rustic Ramsay Springs Hotel on May 12, 1923. Other amenities included cabins and a pool. The hotel was demolished in July 1961. Fifty-seven acres of the Ramsay Springs property was acquired by the Land Trust for the Mississippi Coastal Plain and dedicated as a nature preserve on October 2, 2011.
Erected 2016 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list.
Location. 30° 46.602′ N, 88° 54.689′ W. Marker is near Perkinson, Mississippi, in Stone County. Marker is on Mississippi Route 15, 0.7 miles south of Cut Off Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Perkinston MS 39573, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are H.O.M.E. Consolidated School (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Stapp Sisters (approx. 12.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on May 10, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 6, 2022, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 6, 2022, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.