Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
is named in honor of
Dr. and Mrs. R.N. Pratt
at Anderson College
Dr. Pratt - 1922-1927
Mrs. Pratt - 1922-1946
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
Location. 34° 30.8′ N, 82° 38.3′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker can be reached from Boulevard. Marker is located on the south side of the building, on the campus of Anderson University. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 316 Boulevard, Greenville SC 29601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Vandiver Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Denmark Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sullivan Music Building (about 500 feet away); Anderson College Infirmary (about 500 feet away); The H.H. Watkins Teaching Center (about 700 feet away); Abney Athletic Center (about 800 feet away); The J.E. Rouse DormitoryVirginia "Jennie" Gilmer (approx. half a mile away); McGee Harness Shop (approx. 0.6 miles away); Frierson School House (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Also see . . .
1. Anderson University. Official website of Anderson University. (Submitted on June 7, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. Anderson University (South Carolina). Anderson University is a private university located in Anderson, South Carolina, offering bachelors and masters degrees in approximately 50 areas of study. (Submitted on June 7, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
3. Anderson College Historic District. In the spring of 1910 the Anderson Chamber of Commerce inaugurated a subscription campaign to raise money to build a college for young women in Anderson. (Submitted on June 7, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
1. About Pratt Hall
This residence hall, known as the east Dormitory until 1966 when he was name in honor of Dr. and Mrs. R.N. Pratt, both early teachers at the college, is identical in appearance but
— Submitted June 7, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 11, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 7, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 897 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 7, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.