Fort Ann in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fort Anne First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church
of Fort Anne Village. Erected
1874, destroyed by fire 1955.
This fragment of the bell
which rang also as the town
clock bears date of purchase.
Erected 1964 by State of New York.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
Location. 43° 24.775′ N, 73° 29.288′ W. Marker is in Fort Ann, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on George Street (U.S. 4), on the left when traveling south. Marker is on George Street, between Ann Street and Elizabeth Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Ann NY 12827, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Ann War Memorial / Henry Sartwell / Lester Archer (a few steps from this marker); Old Stone House Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Oldest House (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Anne (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Well (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Powder House Fort Ann (approx. 0.3 Half-Way Creek (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lakes to Locks Passage (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Ann.
More about this marker. A fragment of the old church bell is found on the marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 11, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 793 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 11, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.