Woodbridge in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. James School
United States Constitution Bicentennial
On this site
in September 1890, Mother M. Joseph and Sisters M. Sebastian, M. Baptist and M. Josephus (Sisters of Mercy) founded St. James School.
The school was located in the frame building which had formerly been the church. The school was moved to Amboy Ave and Greenville Street in 1924.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 40° 33.073′ N, 74° 17.326′ W. Marker is in Woodbridge, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodbridge NJ 07095, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Embassy Theatre (approx. ¼ mile away); The Woman’s Club of Fords (approx. ¼ mile away); St. John's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Isaac Inslee Estates (approx. 0.3 miles away); Henry Inman (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Anthony of Padua Parish, Port Reading (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cooper’s Dairy Farm (approx. 0.3 miles away); Star Eagle Section (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodbridge.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 696 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.