Graham in Young County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Early Church of Graham
Originally structure had a bell tower and its red brick was not painted. Land was donated by Col. E.S. Graham, founder of town. J.H. Wood served as contractor.
In 1908, when Baptists erected a new building, this one was sold to Church of Christ, which has now worshipped at same site longer than any other church in town.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1339.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is May 10, 1885.
Location. 33° 6.275′ N, 98° 35.567′ W. Marker is in Graham, Texas, in Young County. Marker is at the intersection of Grove Street and 2nd Steet, on the left when traveling south on Grove Street. The marker is located on the corner of the church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 701 Grove Street, Graham TX 76450, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Morrison Funeral Home (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ryus Store Building (about 500 feet away); National Theatre (about 700 feet away); Graham Post Office (about 700 feet away); Cattle Raisers Association Oak (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Third County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); An 1890 Bank Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); To the Confederate Soldiers Of Young County (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Graham.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 19, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 18, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 472 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 19, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.