Rose City in Ogemaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Rose City Lions Club
built in 1880 in Gladwin Co.
The land was given to a
veteran of the War of 1812
Several families were raised here
Ruttledge family last known
Dovetail construction of cabin
from Soo Locks era of 1855
The Rose City Lions moved it here
and restored it in 1976
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1880.
Location. 44° 25.444′ N, 84° 6.889′ W. Marker is in Rose City, Michigan, in Ogemaw County. Marker is at the intersection of Cleveland Circle and Park Drive when traveling east on Cleveland Circle. The marker is in Rose City Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rose City MI 48654, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Telephone Pioneers (a few steps from this marker); Rose City / The Big Fire (within shouting distance of this marker); Protecting Houghton Creek (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cleveland Park Pavilion Rose Township District No. 5 School (approx. 4.6 miles away); Ogemaw Springs (approx. 12 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2022, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 25, 2022, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.