Antelope in Webb No. 138, Saskatchewan — The Prairie Region (North America)
Hamlet of Antelope
Named for the herds of Pronghorn Antelope that roamed the prairies. 1900-1906 it was situated north of the C.P.R. track and listed as a siding 538 miles west of Winnipeg in the Northwest Territories. A town site almost directly south of here was laid out on C.P.R. land Sec. 1-14-18 W3 circa 1908. In 1922 there were: a lumberyard, grocery store, closed 1958; post office 1908-62; 5 elevators, poolroom, barbershop, livery barn, restaurant, blacksmith shop and garage. Dance hall 1939-84; church 1952-64; co-operative store 1937-53; credit union 1940-50. At its peak the population was near fifty.
Erected 1985 by Antelope Aid and Community.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 50° 8.817′ N, 108° 19.72′ W. Marker is in Antelope, Saskatchewan, in Webb No. 138. Marker can be reached from Trans-Canada Highway (Provincial Highway 1) 10 kilometers west of Allowance Road West (Provincial Road 632), on the left when traveling west Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Antelope SK S0N 2X0, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 13 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kemmel Hill (here, next to this marker); Swift Current - Maple Creek Trail (approx. 6.5 kilometers away); Wong Guy Shoe Shop (approx. 12.5 kilometers away).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 2, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.