Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Wilberforce in Greene County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial

Massie Creek Scotch Associate Cemetery

 
 
Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
1. Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker
Inscription.  
Cedar Cliff Chapter

Daughters of the American Revolution
Dedicated Memorial Day
(logo) 1975 (logo)
to honor the memory of these men who served
their country in the American Revolution
William Bull, Sr. • William McClellan
Calvin Gary • William McFarland
James Galloway • Alexander McHatton
John Gibson • David Mitchell
John Gregg • John Sterritt
Robert Jackson • Joseph Sterritt
Launcelot Junkin, Sr. • John Townsley
Joseph Kyle • Stephen Winter
David Laughead

 
Erected 1975 by Cedar Cliff Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
 
Topics and series. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesWar, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list.
 
Location. 39° 43.773′ N, 83° 53.603′ W. Marker is near Wilberforce, Ohio, in Greene County. Memorial can be reached from the intersection of Jones Road (County
Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
2. Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
Route 86). Marker is about 1/4 mile off the road, near the west edge of the cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1801 Jones Rd, Xenia OH 45385, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stevenson Cemetery Gate (about 600 feet away); Stevenson Road Covered Bridge (approx. half a mile away); Stevenson Road Bridge (approx. half a mile away); Kezia Emery Hall (1913) (approx. one mile away); Carnegie Library (1907) (approx. one mile away); Old Wilberforce University Campus at Tawawa Springs (approx. 1.1 miles away); Payne Theological Seminary (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilberforce.
 
Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
3. Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker
Marker can be seen at a distance, as the lane emerges from the woods into the clearing
Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
4. Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker
The cemetery gate, at the sharp curve on Jones Road
Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, June 23, 2016
5. Stevenson Cemetery Veterans Memorial Marker
One of the older style flag holders at the site
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 10, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 26, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 321 times since then and 62 times this year. Last updated on July 10, 2022, by TeamOHE of Napoleon, Ohio. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 26, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=201692

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Nov. 30, 2022