Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Cooper Sansom House
The Belford Lumber Co. built this home in 1910 for local attorney Cooper Sansom (1863–1928). A former newspaperman, Sansom served as city attorney and later as state representative and district judge. An active civic leader, he was also prominent in state programs of the Presbyterian church and the Democratic party. Cooper Sansom’s home features influences of the Prairie School style in its wide overhanging eaves, low horizontal design, and Tuscan columns.
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 14160.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1910.
Location. 30° 37.968′ N, 97° 40.624′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on South Main Street south of West University Avenue (Texas Highway 29), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1252 South Main Street, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Marsh F. Smith House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct C.C. and Mattie Hughes Cody House (about 700 feet away); St. John’s United Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); Jessie Daniel Ames (about 800 feet away); W.Y. Penn Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); J. A. McDougle Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); George Irvine House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Harrell-Stone House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 7, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,244 times since then and 39 times this year. Last updated on July 10, 2022, by Joe Lotz of Denton, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 7, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.