Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters

 
 
Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 4, 2010
1. Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters Marker
Inscription.  

Old Fort Bliss, on site formerly in Mexico. Owned after 1849 by Simeon Hart, founder of Hart's Mill and early village of El Paso.

Officers quarters, built about 1879 on 3' foundations of hewn stone. 24" walls are double-laid adobe brick.
 
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3730.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and CastlesNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
 
Location. 31° 45.834′ N, 106° 30.593′ W. Marker is in El Paso, Texas, in El Paso County. Marker is on West Old Paisano Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1836 West Old Paisano Drive, El Paso TX 79901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. El Paso del Rio del Norte (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major Simeon Hart (about 700 feet away); Capt. James W. Magoffin (about 700 feet away); The Camino Real (about 700 feet away); Burges House (approx. 0.9 miles away);
Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 4, 2010
2. Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters Markers
Click or scan to see
this page online
Old San Francisco Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); El Paso Union Passenger Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); Old B'Nai Zion Synagogue (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Paso.
 
Also see . . .  Fort Bliss. A Fort Bliss Wikipedia article giving the history of the Fort, both "Old" Fort Bliss and the "New" Fort Bliss. Photos and additional links are shown. (Submitted on November 22, 2010.) 
 
Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 4, 2010
3. Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters Marker
On this site Fort Bliss was established in 1880. In 1893 it was moved to its present location.
Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 4, 2010
4. Fort Bliss Officers' Quarters
Markers are visible mounted on the far right corner of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on November 16, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,193 times since then and 157 times this year. Last updated on July 11, 2022, by Joe Lotz of Denton, Texas. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 16, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=201820

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 7, 2022