Moscow in Polk County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church
Built 1849 by members. Square nails; hand-sawn lumber. Pegs join sills, floors, framing.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10414.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 30° 55.201′ N, 94° 49.656′ W. Marker is in Moscow, Texas, in Polk County. Marker is on Loop Road 177 north of Farm to Market Road 350, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Moscow TX 75960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Moscow (a few steps from this marker); Texas Statesman William Pettus Hobby (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Moscow Male and Female Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); E.C. Matthews Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Wesley Hardin (1853-1895) (approx. 4 miles away); Town of Corrigan (approx. 5˝ miles Bethel Baptist Church (approx. 11 miles away); Whitehead Home (approx. 11.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moscow.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 559 times since then and 64 times this year. Last updated on July 11, 2022, by Joe Lotz of Denton, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.