Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Youngstown in Mahoning County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Thomas D. Lambros

 
 
Thomas D. Lambros Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, July 2, 2022
1. Thomas D. Lambros Marker
Inscription.  
On August 19, 1996, this building was rededicated to honor the achievements of Thomas D. Lambros as lawyer, jurist and proud citizen of the United States of America.

This son of Greek immigrants was born February 4, 1930, in Ashtabula, Ohio. He was elected judge of the Common Pleas Court of Ashtabula County, serving from 1960 to 1967, when he was appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson as a U. S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio. He was Chief Judge of that court from 1990 until he retired in 1995.

His 35 years as a jurist were shaped by a passion for justice and pride in America. He cherished administering the oath of citizenship to more than 40,000 individuals who, like his own parents, followed the American Dream to this land of freedom and opportunity. His pioneering efforts to simplify the judicial process produced the Summary Jury Trial now used nationally as a pretrial settlement procedure.

In recognition of his distinguished service, and his personal efforts that led to the construction of this building, Public Law 104-136 was enacted by Congress and signed by President
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
William J. Clinton on April 30, 1996, naming this structure the Thomas D. Lambros Federal Building and United States Courthouse.
 
Erected by U.S. General Services Administration.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #42 William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton series list. A significant historical date for this entry is February 4, 1930.
 
Location. 41° 5.915′ N, 80° 39.012′ W. Marker is in Youngstown, Ohio, in Mahoning County. Marker is on Market Street north of East Front Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 125 Market St, Youngstown OH 44503, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Log School (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Soldiers' Monument / Realty Building (about 500 feet away); Central Tower / Mahoning National Bank Building (about 500 feet away); Youngstown's Central Square (about 500 feet away); In Memory of the Heroes of the Township (about 700 feet away); Central Square (1900-2004) / Stambaugh Building (about 700 feet away); Union National Bank Building / Central Square (1798-1899) (about 700 feet away); 1959-1975 The Vietnam War (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Youngstown.
U.S. District Courthouse image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, July 2, 2022
2. U.S. District Courthouse
 
Thomas D. Lambros Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, July 2, 2022
3. Thomas D. Lambros Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 18, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 127 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=202484

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024