Laredo in Webb County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort McIntosh Cemetery
in Memory of All
Who Served Here From
May 30, 2007
Topics. This memorial is listed in this topic list: Military.
Location. 27° 30.627′ N, 99° 31.264′ W. Marker is in Laredo, Texas, in Webb County. Memorial can be reached from the intersection of Taylor Road and Lamar Road. The marker is located in the Fort McIntosh Cemetery just north of the parking lot. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Laredo TX 78040, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort McIntosh (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort McIntosh Barracks (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pvt. David Bennes Cantú Barkley (approx. 0.4 miles away); All U.S. Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jovita Idar (approx. 0.6 miles away); El Primer Congreso Mexicanista (approx. 0.6 miles away); Holding Institute (Laredo Seminary) (approx. 0.7 miles away); Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic Church (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Laredo.
More about this marker. The marker is located on the campus of Laredo College which was originally the historic Fort McIntosh.
Also see . . . Fort McIntosh, Texas. Wikipedia
Fort McIntosh was established on 3 March 1849 by the 1st US Infantry, under the command of Lt. E.L. Viele, to guard the Texas frontier at the site of a strategic river crossing. Originally named Camp Crawford, the fort was renamed Fort McIntosh in 1850 in honor of Lieutenant Colonel James Simmons McIntosh, a hero in the Battle of Molino del Rey during the Mexican–American War.(Submitted on August 1, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.