Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Laporte in Sullivan County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. Peter's Church Bench

 
 
St. Peter's Church Bench Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 30, 2022
1. St. Peter's Church Bench Marker
Inscription.  

This bench was in the original St. Peter's Church at Hugo's Corners in Elkland Township. The present church was built in 1955. For a number of years, the old church was used as a social hall but as needed upkeep/ repairs were required, it was decided to demolish it. Items such as this bench were either given away or sold following the demolition. There would have been a second 'arm' at the opposite end of this one, making the bench twice as long.
 
Erected by Sullivan County Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1955.
 
Location. 41° 25.402′ N, 76° 29.605′ W. Marker is in Laporte, Pennsylvania, in Sullivan County. Marker is on Meylert Street east of Muncy Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker and bench are on the Sullivan County Historical Society museum grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 458 Meylert Street, Laporte PA 18626, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dye Kettle (here, next to this marker); "Freight Gate"
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(here, next to this marker); Dr. Theodore Joseph Saul, Capt. M.C. (within shouting distance of this marker); Sullivan County (within shouting distance of this marker); Sullivan County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Sacred Heart (approx. 0.3 miles away); Burial Grounds (approx. 0.3 miles away); Celestia (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Laporte.
 
Also see . . .  Sullivan County Historical Society and Museum. (Submitted on July 31, 2022, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
St. Peter's Church Bench and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 30, 2022
2. St. Peter's Church Bench and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2022, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 44 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2022, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=202973

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 27, 2024