Near Judson in Blue Earth County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The above locations of Welsh Churches were established in Blue Earth County after the first Welsh settlers expanded from this farm site, which was claimed by Humphrey Jones and Thomas Y. Davis on April 26, 1855.
In the wooded area approximately 100 yards southeast of this plaque, the "Cwrdd Mawr" (Big Meetings) were held, where three-day religious festivals of hymn singing and preaching took place.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is April 26, 1855.
Location. 44° 11.762′ N, 94° 13.227′ W. Marker is near Judson, Minnesota, in Blue Earth County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 68 and 227th Lane, on the right when traveling east on State Highway 68. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 51209 Minnesota Highway 68, Lake Crystal MN 56055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nicollet Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.6 miles away); Nicollet Village (approx. 5.7 miles away); Seppman Mill Granary (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Turning Point (approx. 5.8 miles away); Lake Crystal and the Railroad (approx. 6.1 miles away); Former Homestead of Robert & Frieda Ulmen (approx. 7 miles away); George M. Palmer (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Regarding Welsh Churches. South of the marker, but screened by vegetation during the summer, is the Jones-Roberts Farmstead, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 12, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 7, 2022, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. This page has been viewed 149 times since then and 109 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 7, 2022, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.