Madison in Madison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
World War II Airfield Hangars
Erected 2021 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Air & Space • War, World II. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1940.
Location. 32° 26.565′ N, 90° 6.368′ W. Marker is in Madison, Mississippi, in Madison County. Marker is on Old Canton Road north of Nichols Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7504 Old Canton Rd, Madison MS 39110, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. Strawberry Patch House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Trace (approx. 1.6 miles away); Ridgeland (approx. 1.8 miles away); Boyd Site (approx. 2.3 miles away); Old Agency Road (approx. 2.7 miles away); Choctaw Agency (approx. 2.9 miles away); West Florida Boundary (approx. 3.2 miles away); Tougaloo College (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 1, 2022, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 1, 2022, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.