Finleyville in Washington County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
County History and
Erected by Washington County History and Landmarks Foundation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania, Washington County History and Landmarks Foundation series list.
Location. 40° 15.234′ N, 80° 0.051′ W. Marker is in Finleyville, Pennsylvania, in Washington County. Marker is on Washington Avenue east of Sheridan Avenue (Pennsylvania Route 88), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3595 Washington Avenue, Finleyville PA 15332, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honor Roll • Citizens of Gastonville (approx. half a mile away); Hackett (approx. 0.9 miles away); Citation: (approx. one mile away); Enoch Wright House (approx. 1˝ miles away); a different marker also named Hackett Old Oak Tree Statue (approx. 1.7 miles away); "Mingo Creek Meeting House" (approx. 1.7 miles away); Mingo Creek Church (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Finleyville.
Regarding First Presbyterian Church. The first church building, erected in July of 1888, was a one-room frame rectangular building which stood on the same plot of ground as the present church. A new church building of red brick was constructed, and dedicated on Sunday, June 27, 1914.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 3, 2022, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2022, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.