Port Jervis in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by early Dutch settlers. It
is the oldest congregation
in the area. Present edifice
built in 1868.
Erected by City of Port Jervis.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1737.
Location. 41° 22.616′ N, 74° 41.198′ W. Marker is in Port Jervis, New York, in Orange County. Marker is on E Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located between Elizabeth Street and Sullivan Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Jervis NY 12771, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1892 Lynching (within shouting distance of this marker); The Crane House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marion Rohner (about 600 feet away); Korean War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stephen Crane (approx. 0.2 miles away); The American Revolution (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Jervis.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,030 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. 4. submitted on May 9, 2010, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States.