Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Philipsburg in Granite County, Montana — The American West (Mountains)
 

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

Philipsburg Historic District

 
 
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, August 6, 2022
1. St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  In January 1889, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church opened its doors to hold one of the first services in a church in Philipsburg. Placed within the cornerstone the previous year were a Bible, some coins, names of donors, and a copy of the Philipsburg Mail. The one-story wood-frame building provides an excellent example of a simple pioneer church. Except for the Gothic tracery over the entrance, the building resembles schoolhouse design of the period.
 
Erected by Montana Historical Society.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Montana National Register Sign Program series list. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1889.
 
Location. 46° 20.023′ N, 113° 17.626′ W. Marker is in Philipsburg, Montana, in Granite County. Marker is at the intersection of East Kearney Street and North Sansome Street, on the right when traveling west on East Kearney Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 East Kearney Street, Philipsburg MT 59858, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
within walking distance of this marker. 102 West Kearney (a few steps from this marker); St. Paul's Methodist Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Granite County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Granite County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Patten Residence (within shouting distance of this marker); Masonic Temple (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); J.K. Merrill and Sons Dry Goods (about 500 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Philipsburg.
 
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, August 6, 2022
2. St. Andrew's Episcopal Church and Marker
The marker is to the left of the stairs.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2022, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 45 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2022, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=205457

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 13, 2024