Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Visitor Center - 1992

 
 
Visitor Center - 1992 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
1. Visitor Center - 1992 Marker
Inscription.  The present Visitor Center opened in 1992, relocating from a smaller building. The Visitor Center houses a fifty-four seat theater, an exhibit hall with canal-related information, visitor services and offices for support staff. The Founders Gallery features information about Edward and Frances B. Montgomery and the beginning of the Roscoe Village restoration project.

The adjacent Frances B. Montgomery Memorial Garden is dedicated to Mrs. Montgomery, an avid gardener.
 
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1992.
 
Location. 40° 16.893′ N, 81° 52.544′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Whitewoman Street and Ohio Route 16/83. The marker is at the parking lot (lower level) bulding entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 600 North Whitewoman Street, Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nicholas Schott (within shouting distance of this marker); Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Capt. Bill Smart (within shouting distance of this marker); This Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Village Smithy - c.1890 (about 500 feet away); Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 (about 500 feet away); Daniel Carroll House - c.1850 (about 700 feet away); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
 
Also see . . .  Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
 
Visitor Center - 1992 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, September 3, 2022
2. Visitor Center - 1992 Marker
Visitor Center and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
3. Visitor Center and Marker
Marker is to the left of the parking lot entrance on the north side of the building.
Visitor Center image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, August 27, 2016
4. Visitor Center
Upper entrance to the Visitor Center on the south side of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 437 times since then and 23 times this year. Last updated on September 5, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. Photos:   1. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.   2. submitted on September 5, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio.   3, 4. submitted on August 30, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=205523

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 15, 2024