Hanley Falls in Yellow Medicine County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Hanley Falls Railroad "Y"
This facility made possible the transferring of rail cars from one line to the other, for the benefit of railroad patrons, and was the first such transfer in the United States. It is known locally as the railroad “Y”.
Erected 1976 by Yellow Medicine County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1901.
Location. 44° 41.59′ N, 95° 37.304′ W. Marker is in Hanley Falls, Minnesota, in Yellow Medicine County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Avenue West and 3rd Street North on 3rd Avenue West. Next to BN track, north end of town, just south of the old C&NW bridge. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hanley Falls MN 56245, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ancient Exposed Rocks World's Oldest Rock (approx. 8˝ miles away); Henry Hill 1829-1879 (approx. 8˝ miles away); Yellow Medicine City (approx. 8.6 miles away); Agency Homes (approx. 8.7 miles away); Employee Duplex No. 2 (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Manual Labor School (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Annuity Center/Warehouse (approx. 8.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2009, by James Burt of Eden Prairie, United States. This page has been viewed 1,715 times since then and 78 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 5, 2009, by James Burt of Eden Prairie, United States. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.