Ellicott City in Howard County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Ellicott City Volunteer Fire Department
• • •
Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works
Project No MD 100-F
• • •
Board of Commissioners
Howard County, Maryland
Location. 39° 16.11′ N, 76° 48.021′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Hill Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8390 Main Street, Ellicott City MD 21043, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jonathan Ellicott Building (here, next to this marker); New Fire Station & Transit Terminal (a few steps from this marker); Fire House Annex (within shouting distance of this marker); The National Road (within shouting distance of this marker); MaryLandscapes (within shouting distance of this marker); Ellicott’s Mills (within shouting distance Fells Lane Community (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Disney’s Tavern (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellicott City.
Also see . . . Ellicott City Volunteer Fire Department History. “At a regular meeting on August 24, 1888, authorization was granted to purchase a hand-drawn ladder wagon from the Charles T. Holloway Company, Baltimore, Maryland. Funds to cover the cost were received from public subscriptions. The Board of County Commissioners at their Tuesday, September 4, 1888 meeting, ordered that a donation of $100 be made to the local fire company.” (Submitted on July 6, 2009.)
Categories. • Heroes • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Ellicott City Volunteer Fire Department.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2009, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 888 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 6, 2009, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.