Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Marietta in Washington County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Merydith House

 
 
Merydith House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., May 30, 2009
1. Merydith House Marker
Inscription.  Built 1868 for Conrad Biszantz. Owned by Merydith family from 1897 to 1963. Later Thomas and Gammon.
 
Erected by The Rotary Club of Marietta.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Rotary International series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1868.
 
Location. 39° 25.28′ N, 81° 27.769′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Ohio, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street and St. Clair Street, on the left when traveling south on Front Street. Marker is across street from entrance to the Ohio River Museum. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marietta OH 45750, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Steam Towboat "W. P. Snyder, Jr." (within shouting distance of this marker); Schoonover Shanty Boat (within shouting distance of this marker); Pioneer Families of the Ohio Company (within shouting distance of this marker); Oldest Pilothouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Land Office
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 300 feet away); Mighty River / Learning the River (about 300 feet away); River Town / Sails and Steam / The Highway West (about 300 feet away); Flatboats (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
 
Regarding Merydith House. Conrad Biszantz died February 2, 1877.
 
Merydith House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Timothy Michael Mazza, October 5, 2012
2. Merydith House Marker
Merydith House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., May 30, 2009
3. Merydith House and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,025 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on July 7, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.   2. submitted on October 8, 2012, by Timothy Michael Mazza of Parkersburg, West Virginia.   3. submitted on July 7, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=20602

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 23, 2024