Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Trinity in Trinity County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Ranald McDonald House

 
 
Ranald McDonald House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, September 26, 2022
1. Ranald McDonald House Marker
Inscription.  Married after 1876 to Mollie Turner (1837-1919), daughter of an early Trinity pioneer, Ranald McDonald (1848-1931) settled on his land along the Trinity River. He bought this lot in 1890 and hired John Denton Gibbs to erect this Victorian house in 1891. Beneath the structure, which stands on stone piers, McDonald kept bees, honey, buggies and wagons. His son Alexander (1944), the second owner of the house, built a power plant on this property to provide Trinity's first electrical system.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976

 
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7962.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1876.
 
Location. 30° 56.494′ N, 95° 22.652′ W. Marker is in Trinity, Texas, in Trinity County. Marker is on South Maple Street, 0.1 miles south of West San Jacinto Street, on the right when traveling south. The marker is located along a small wall in the school park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Trinity TX 75862, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
are within walking distance of this marker. Old Red Schoolhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Black Veteran's Memorial Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Waco, Beaumont, Trinity & Sabine Railroad (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Gibson Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Trinity (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charles Nesbitt "Charlie" Wilson (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dorcas Wills Memorial Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); I.N. Parker House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trinity.
 
More about this marker. The house is no longer standing and the ruins are incorporated into a park north of Lansberry Elementary School. A “Site Of” marker has been added to the THC marker after the house was demolished.
 
The old foundation of the Ranald McDonald House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, September 26, 2022
2. The old foundation of the Ranald McDonald House and Marker
The view of the Ranald McDonald House and Marker in the school park area. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, September 26, 2022
3. The view of the Ranald McDonald House and Marker in the school park area.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 29, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 28, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 208 times since then and 106 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 29, 2022, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=206839

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 18, 2024