Garrison in Putnam County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
was headquarters of
Commanders of American
troops defending West
Point, from 1778 to 1783.
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1737.
Location. 41° 22.576′ N, 73° 56.663′ W. Marker is in Garrison, New York, in Putnam County. Marker is at the intersection of Lower Station Road (County Route 12) and Bear Mountain Beacon Highway (New York State Route 9D), on the right when traveling west on Lower Station Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Garrison NY 10524, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. South Redoubt (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Garrison Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Arnold’s Flight (approx. 0.7 miles away); Connecticut Camps (approx. 0.8 miles away); Beverley Robinson’s House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Thayer Gate Fort Meigs (approx. 0.9 miles away); Andre Cavaro Lucas (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Garrison.
Also see . . . Mandeville House. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on July 10, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 990 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 10, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.