Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Newburgh in Warrick County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

DeForest-Lawhead-Freels Building

 
 
DeForest-Lawhead-Freels Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, September 25, 2022
1. DeForest-Lawhead-Freels Building Marker
Inscription.  In 1912 a hardware store was owned here by John C. and Mary DeForest. Henry A. Lawhead owned it in 1920 – later Bruce Lawhead ran a shoe shop – the repair prices were moderate and the work of best quality. April 1957 owned by Clayton T. and Kathryn Freels.
 
Erected 1992 by Women's Club of Newburgh, Indiana.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Indiana, Women's Club of Newburgh series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
 
Location. 37° 56.678′ N, 87° 24.329′ W. Marker is in Newburgh, Indiana, in Warrick County. Marker is on West Jennings Street west of State Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8 W Jennings St, Newburgh IN 47630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Phelps-Sargeant Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Exchange Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Abshier Ice House (within shouting distance of this marker); Citizens Bank – Newburgh State Bank
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Bakery Shop Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Princess Theatre Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Herscher-Litzenberger Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Early Newburgh Beginnings (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newburgh.
 
DeForest-Lawhead-Freels Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, September 25, 2022
2. DeForest-Lawhead-Freels Building Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 5, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 78 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 5, 2022, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=207321

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024