Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Posey Wigley (10 yr. old son of Wm. & Fanny), later recalled seeing Gen. Johnston at his widowed mother’s house & removal of family & household goods to a place of safety -- hence, Lt. T. B. Mackall's reference to "Widow Wigley's deserted house" as Johnston’s headquarters (O.R. 38, III, 987).
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-17.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
Location. 33° 56.883′ N, 84° 47.333′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is at the intersection of Bobo Road and Folsom Road, on the right when traveling north on Bobo Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30132, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Battle of New Hope Church Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dedicated to the Confederate Soldiers (approx. 0.6 miles away); Atlanta Campaign (approx. 0.6 miles away); New Hope Church Phase of Atlanta Campaign (approx. 0.6 miles away); Battle of New Hope Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Polk’s March to Lost Mountain (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of New Hope Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); The March of Hardee’s Corps, May 23-25, 1864 (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,550 times since then and 89 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.