Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Randallstown in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

New Tavern

 
 
New Tavern Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, 08-12-2007
1. New Tavern Marker
Inscription.  Built in 1802 by Robert Ward, the tavern served traffic to and from the west. This was an early Methodist preaching place until 1845. Woodstock Seminarians held Catholic Services here in 1875 for Chrome Mine workers of Soldiers Delight. Holdbrook Post Office was located on the grounds in 1893.
 
Erected by Baltimore County Historical Society and Maryland Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionCommunicationsIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
 
Location. 39° 23.719′ N, 76° 51.504′ W. Marker is in Randallstown, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on Liberty Road (Maryland Route 26) 0.3 miles east of Ward’s Chapel Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Randallstown MD 21133, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Paran Presbyterian Church and Cemetery (approx. 1.2 miles away); Soldiers Delight (approx. 1.8 miles away); Granite National Historic District (approx. 3.6 miles away);
New Tavern image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, 08-12-2007
2. New Tavern
Click or scan to see
this page online
Henryton Center (approx. 4 miles away); Henryton School of Practical Nursing (approx. 4 miles away); Original Bell of the Franklin Academy (approx. 4.3 miles away); Original Cornerstone of the Franklin Senior High School (approx. 4.3 miles away); Hannah More Academy (approx. 4.4 miles away).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 13, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,959 times since then and 13 times this year. Last updated on August 16, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 13, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=2098

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2021