Riddleville in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The town was incorporated and named Riddleville, in honor of Mr. Anderson Riddle, by an act of the Georgia Legislature in 1859.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 150-3.)
Topics and series. This historical Churches & Religion • Education • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1777.
Location. 32° 54.433′ N, 82° 40.011′ W. Marker is in Riddleville, Georgia, in Washington County. Marker is on Bartow Road (Georgia Route 242) 0 miles west of Riddleville-Davisboro Road (Georgia Route 231), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrison GA 31035, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. New Hope Methodist Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Historic Highways (approx. 5.8 miles away); Sherman's Left Wing (approx. 6.3 miles away); Colby Smith (approx. 7.8 miles away); David A. Gordon (approx. 8 miles away); Tarver's Mill (approx. 8 miles away); Forest Grove (approx. 8.2 miles away); Nancy Hart Highway (approx. 8.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 999 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on November 12, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.