Jesup in Wayne County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 151-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 11, 1968.
Location. 31° 36.261′ N, 81° 52.805′ W. Marker is in Jesup, Georgia, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of North Brunswick Street and East Walnut Street, on the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 174 North Brunswick Street, Jesup GA 31546, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wayne County Revolutionary War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Alexander Jackson Gordon (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Doctortown (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 6.3 miles away); Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 6.4 miles away); Long County Timeline Mural (approx. 10.8 miles away); Long County (approx. 10.8 miles away); Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 11 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jesup.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 915 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on November 3, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on February 21, 2021, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.