Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Stratford in Westmoreland County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Burrell Eskridge and His Son Vernon Eskridge

 
 
Eskridge Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, August 30, 2009
1. Eskridge Marker
Inscription.  In memory of Burell Eskridge and his son Vernon Eskridge who gave this parcel of ground to the Shiloh Baptist Church in 1881 and 1894 respectively; and his great grandson Norman Bryant in 1957. May the memory of these gentlemen and of their good deeds never die.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
 
Location. 38° 8.764′ N, 76° 50.904′ W. Marker is in Stratford, Virginia, in Westmoreland County. Marker is on Stratford Hall Road just west of Great House Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1126 Stratford Hall Road, Stratford VA 22558, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stratford Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); To Keep in Perpetual Remembrance the Name of Thomas Lee (about 300 feet away); Oval Site (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Stratford Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); American Indians at Stratford (approx. 0.7 miles away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Slave Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named Slave Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Stratford and Chantilly (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stratford.
 
Shiloh Baptist Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, August 30, 2009
2. Shiloh Baptist Church and Marker
Marker is to the right of the entrance.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 719 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=22350

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024